Monday, September 7, 2009

A Few Highlights from New York

We are so thankful to have had the opportunity to live in New York state since January of this year. It was truly an experience moving from Texas to a place with three feet of snow on the ground! We were able to see so many things and meet some great friends in the short time we were there.

This is Sarah and Gilli (the horse) at a rally in Vermont. Dusty was able to capture one of my favorite moments of a horse show - I remember all of the times my mom was the designated "Expo Holder" while Dad and I loaded up the trailer. It truly was a family affair that took effort from everyone - including the cheer squad!



Here are Kat and Gilli finishing their first stadium round as a team! Kat is such an awesome girl and Gilli is truly a gem. They are going to become quite the pair. =) Kate and I miss this fun bunch!


This is a photo I took on Mom's first trip up to visit. We stopped along one of the many rivers on her "tour" of the area.

Dusty captured this great shot of my Princess and myself at Cooper's Cave on the Hudson River. This is the place that inspired James Fenimore Cooper's novel The Last of the Mohicans.

Larry and Jamie (Dusty's parents) also came to visit us this summer! We explored around Lake George, NY with the dogs for an afternoon and then stayed in Saratoga Springs, NY for two nights. The weather was perfect and we were able to enjoy ourselves over the Fourth of July weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment